Misty flip A misty flip is similar to a Mctwist only instead of doing it on a vert ramp and landing back into the ramp, you are flipping out of a bowl ...
Misty flip A misty flip is similar to a Mctwist only instead of doing it on a vert ramp and landing back into the ramp, you are flipping out of a bowl or over a fun box. It is sort of like a side flip. This is how do misty flips with no skates but with skates it is basically the same only when you would run, you would skate and stuff like that.
1. The first step to do, is to practise the misty flip without skates on. Choose a spot where you can practise; for instance something soft like sand, or you could practise jumping in to a pool (water). Don’t practise misty flips without skates on when you do stairs or something tricky like that. When you finally have mastered the mistyflip with your skates on – go out and try the hard spots – like mistyflipping over stairs, etc.
2. Now you have found a spot you a ready to misty flip. As with most tricks speed is not the key but the concentration on the actual flip. So in other words don�t run up at 100 miles an hour.
3. Run up with moderate speed.
4. About a foot from the edge of the thing you a flipping off, jump off both feet, jump up a little rather than out.
Throw head to the outside of one of your knees (Most likely your natural side) now throw your knees up into your chest.
5. At this point you should be flying through the air in misty flip position, enjoy this cause it doesn’t last long.
6. The landing comes automaticly. Once you flipped right, everything else just happens right. If you can spot your landing, you should land backwards.
7. If you have accomplished this you can be real tricky and go for 720 and 900 misty flips. Or you could go and do it on your skates of a ledge or stairs or something.
Written by Anders Toxboe on August 4, 2003